Happy Monday, people of Palos Verdes! Let’s get this day started. Here’s everything worth knowing in Palos Verdes today.
First, today’s weather:
An afternoon shower or two. High: 83 Low: 64.
Here are the top stories today in Palos Verdes:
- Beach Lightning: Lifeguards Close All Los Angeles Beaches (Palos Verdes Patch)
- Marymount California University makes partnership with Florida Catholic college official (The Daily Breeze)
- Residents protest vaccination mandate for schoolchildren at Peck Park in San Pedro (The Daily Breeze)
- Sea Robots Are Rolling for Aquarium of the Pacific (NBC Southern California)
- South Bay History: A look at karate champion-turned-movie star Chuck Norris’ South Bay roots (The Daily Breeze)
- Los Angeles County: COVID-19 hospitalizations drop under 800 for 1st time in nearly 3 months (KABC-TV)
- A Sunny New Taqueria Hits the Redondo Beach Scene Next Week (Eater LA)
- DirecTV wants to sublease 500K sf of its El Segundo HQ (The Real Deal)
- 2 Hurt in School Bus Collision on 131st Street [Willowbrook, CA] (L.A. Weekly)
- As Many As Half A Million Shipping Containers Could Be Waiting Off Ports Of LA, Long Beach (CBS Los Angeles)
- Draconid And Orionid Meteors To Light Skies Over Palos Verdes (Palos Verdes Patch)
- Closures Planned At Ocean Trails Reserve In Rancho Palos Verdes (Palos Verdes Patch)
Today’s Palos Verdes Daily is brought to you by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Palos Verdes:
Palos Verdes Patch Notebook
- Palos Verdes Art Center: “Lynn Attig, Seven Days of Sushi, 2020 Soft pastel on paper, 24 X 36 in. “What could be better than eating sushi seven days a week? I did some research at my local sushi bar! While watching the human sushi chefs in action, I began to envi…” (Facebook)
- City of Rancho Palos Verdes, CA: “Don’t miss the Prepared Peninsula Expo October 24 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Peninsula High! This free, information-filled expo will feature dozens of exhibitors, demonstrations and equipment displays to teach you how to protect yourselve…” (Facebook)
- City of Rancho Palos Verdes, CA: “Reminder: Tomorrow night, October 5, the City Council will consider making changes to the ParkMobile parking reservation system for the Palos Verdes Nature Preserve, ending the parking moratorium on six spaces on Crenshaw Boulevard, and …” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll see you soon! If you’re feeling these newsletters, consider bringing some friends and neighbors along for the ride. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Nicole Charky
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Palos Verdes Daily? I’m all ears. You can reach me at email@example.com. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram.